1. What is the dress code?
The dress code is semi-formal/dressy casual. Death Valley can be hot in the day (even in October) and cool down quite a bit at night so we want you to be comfortable. Please consider bringing a light layer for the evening!
2. What's the weather in Death Valley like in October?
The average temperatures in October in Death Valley are a high of 93 degrees Fahrenheit and a low of 61 degrees Fahrenheit. Since our wedding is towards the end of October, it may be a bit cooler like mid 80s during the day and mid 50s at night. Death Valley almost never receives any rain - so no need to worry about getting rained out!
3. What time should I arrive to the ceremony?
The ceremony begins at 3:30 p.m. so arriving by 3:15/3:20 will give you time to get seated and chat with others if you wish. That being said, neither Jared nor Caitlin is a particularly punctual person so there won't be any hard feelings towards any guests rushing in at 3:30 on the dot!
4. Will the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception take place indoors or outdoors?
All events will be outdoors.
5. How do I get to the wedding venue? Will transportation be provided?
If you are staying in the Inn at Death Valley, your accommodations will be walking distance from the venue. If you're staying at the Ranch, a shuttle will be available to bring you to and from the venue. There is also parking at the venue if you have your own car.
6. Can I bring my kids?
We have limited space for kids at the event so please only bring your kids if they were specifically invited. However, if this is prohibitive for your attendance, please reach out to Caitlin or Jared and let us know - we'll see what we can do!
7. What type of food and drink will be served during the cocktail hour and reception?
We will be serving light hor d'oeuvres during cocktail hour and a full buffet during the reception for dinner. During both cocktail hour and the reception, a selection of wines, beers, and non-alcoholic beverages will also be available.
8. I have dietary restrictions/allergies. What's the best way to let you know?
Please email or text either Caitlin or Jared to let us know and we'll do our very best to accommodate.
9. Have you booked hotel room blocks for guests?
Yes, we have! You can find out more about accommodations on the Travel page of our website.
10. Can I take pictures during the ceremony to post on social media?
No, please do not. We are hoping to have an unplugged event. We kindly ask that you leave your phone in your room or tucked away in a pocket or bag during the entirety of the event. Death Valley does not have great cell or internet service so it's a great time to unplug and be present with us! We will have Polaroid cameras available throughout the venue to take spontaneous pictures on top of those caught by our photographer. Please feel free to take your Polaroids home to post on social media later!
11. When is the RSVP deadline?
Please RSVP no later than August 22, 2022.
12. I can't attend the wedding in person. Will there be a virtual wedding celebration?
Unfortunately, no. We're hoping to have an unplugged event and the cell/internet service isn't great in Death Valley anyway.
13. I noticed you don't have any physical gifts on your registry but I'd really like to get you one - what do you need?
We so appreciate those who want to contribute something physical to our lives together, but we mean it when we say we really don't need anything. Please consider contributing to one of our cash funds or purchasing a gift card instead! If this doesn't work for you, please know that your presence and not your present is what is most important to us!
14. Can I bring my gift to the wedding?
Since we're asking for no physical gifts, we won't have a gift table. However, we will have a place for cards and we love receiving cards!
15. When will the reception end?
The reception will end at 10 p.m.
16. What health and safety measures will you be taking during the event?
All events will be held outdoors and we will provide KN95s to anyone who may need them. We also encourage anyone who wants to be extra cautious to feel free and comfortable to mask up during any and all events. We will not be requiring guests to share their vaccination status, however.